Many local and regional authorities, both in mainland France and overseas, have adopted VIES as part of their decentralised cooperation or youth policies, with a very positive impact both for the volunteers and for the authorities and their partners involved in the area.
This is why France Volontaires has made the mobilisation and support of local and regional authorities a major focus of its work. They are represented within France Volontaires either individually or through their associations (Regions of France, Geographical Departments of France, Cités Unies France, etc).
France Volontaires offers a wide range of support:
- Information/guidance on international exchange and solidarity volunteering schemes
- Recruitment of international volunteers to facilitate cooperation partnerships
- Support/advice in the construction of projects recruiting international volunteers
- Identification of international partners
- Supporting volunteers in their mission countries
- Support for the hosting of international volunteers within the framework of reciprocal schemes
France Volontaires relies on:
- A network of around 50 member organisations in France;
- Partnerships with regional authority associations and regional multi-stakeholder networks;
- Its network of 24 Volunteering Centres around the world.
- Its branches in the French regions of Mainland France and in the Overseas Territories.